DIY projects are a great way to keep yourself entertained and busy during your spare time. These projects work as a boredom buster and make people creatively utilize their time.
Further, the best thing about these DIY projects is that you can make them at your home without calling anyone for help. Creating these projects gives confidence, and you will get more satisfaction in making things with your hands.
However, people mostly struggle when it comes to choosing DIY projects. If you are also struggling to pick the right project for you, then you are at the right place.
To help you get out of such confusion, I have added some easier and creative DIY projects. Here you will find the 7 best DIY projects for your home that are budget-friendly and easy to make.
1. DIY Basket Pendant Light
Moreover, you can use these lights in multiple areas like the kitchen, over dinette sets, or even in the bathroom.
To make the basket pendant light, you do not need many items. Following are a few items needed to make a pendant light at home.
- Woven Basket – First, you need a woven basket. You can select any of the woven baskets as per your favorite design. I used the Kouboo 1030011 Basket for this task.
- Semi-flush mount light kit – If you already have a semi-flush mount light kit, you do not need to purchase it. However, I have used the Progress Lighting P3939-09 for this project.
- Round Bulb
- Heavy-duty cutting plier
The Process to Make DIY Basket Pendant Light
The following steps will guide you to make DIY basket pendant light at your home.
- 1st Step: Choose a point where you want to fix your basket pendant light.
- 2nd Step: Further, create a hole at the basket bottom with a cutting plier. Ensure that the basket’s hole is enough to pass the socket.
- 3rd Step: After cutting the hole, fix the basket with the socket tightly. Moreover, you can also use the shade ring to keep the basket attached to the socket.
- 4th Step: Besides, attach the round bulb to the socket and turn it on.
Your DIY basket pendant light is ready to use. When it’s lit up, you will surely love it.
2. DIY Leather Jewelry Roll
The DIY leather jewelry roll is a great way to keep your accessories organized.
You can carry your jewelry while traveling with the help of this leather jewelry roll.
Further, it will prevent your necklaces from getting tangled and prevent your rings from getting lost in your bag.
The best thing about the leather jewelry roll is that it is easy to make.
The materials you will need to make a DIY leather jewelry roll are following.
The Process to Make DIY Leather Jewelry Roll
The steps needed to create a DIY leather jewelry roll are following.
- 1st Step: Take two pieces of leather of measurement 8 by 11 inches.
- 2nd Step: Further, cut one of the leathers into small pieces.
- 3rd Step: After cutting, take a leather punch to create a small hole on leather pieces for your earring.
- 4th Step: Moreover, cut as many leather pieces as you want and put them on the full-sized leather sheet.
- 5th Step: Besides, sew the leather pieces on a full-sized leather using the sewing machine.
- 6th Step: Once you have sewed the leather piece, take the button stud and fix it at one side of the leather piece. This button stud will work as a closure and prevent the jewelry from falling.
You can now attach your jewelry to the DIY leather jewelry roll.
3. DIY Floating Bookshelf
Placing books on such bookshelf makes the bookshelf seem invisible, resulting in an eye-catching illusion. Additionally, your friends will think that the books are floating on the wall.
The best thing about this floating bookshelf is that it does not require much space. Further, you can create it with a few materials.
The materials you will need to create a floating bookshelf are mentioned here.
The Process to Make DIY Floating Bookshelf
Here is the step-by-step guide pf DIY floating bookshelf.
- 1st Step: Cut a small piece of Velcro tape and place it under the corner bracket.
- 2nd Step: Furthermore, place the corner bracket on the wall and mark the holes. Most corner brackets come with holes, which will help in easy marking. These holes will guide you to keep the corner bracket in place.
- 3rd Step: Now, take the screws and drill them using the drilling machine.
- 4th Step: Fasten the lower book cover to the Velcro tape attached under the corner bracket so that books remain in place.
Your bookshelf is now ready. You can place multiple books on the floating bookshelf with no worry about falling.
4. DIY Gift Bag
If yes, do not worry because you can make the DIY gift bag by yourself at your home.
Besides, the gift bag will make your gift more presentable.
You do not need many items to make a DIY gift bag. Following are the few items that you must collect for the DIY gift bag.
However, the hole puncher and ribbon are optional. Both these items will make your gift bag look a lot better. In addition, if you do not have a hole puncher or a ribbon, you can still make the DIY gift bag.
The Process to Make DIY Gift Bag
Using the given steps, you can make a DIY gift bag by yourself.
- 1st Step: First, take a measuring tape to measure your gift width. Measuring the gift width will help you know how much paper you need.
- 2nd Step: Moreover, fold the wrapping paper and seal it with the tape.
- 3rd Step: After folding the paper in half, make sure to fold the bottom end up of the wrapping paper.
- 4th Step: Now fold all the edges of the wrapping paper.
- 5th Step: Further, seal those edges using tape.
- 6th Step: Flip the bag, and you will notice a space for placing your gift. Place your gift and fold the top edge of the wrapping paper.
- 7th Step: Use punch holes to create whole on the top folded edge, and use a ribbon to seal it.
Your DIY gift bag is now ready.
5. DIY Wall Jewelry Organizer
For that, I have got a solution in the form of a wall jewelry organizer.
Whether you want to organize necklaces or earrings, this wall jewelry organizer is the best option. Additionally, you can organize all your jewelry in a single place using this organizer.
Here are the materials you will need to make a wall jewelry organizer.
The Process to Make DIY Wall Jewelry Organizer
The given steps will help you make a DIY wall jewelry organizer at your home.
- 1st Step: Take the plywood and cut it in a rectangle shape.
- 2nd Step: Furthermore, cut the plywood up to 18 inches long and 2 1/2 inches width measurement.
- 3rd Step: Now, cut each of the plywood edges at a 30-degree angle.
- 4th Step: Use the sanding paper to remove splinters from the plywood. Be careful while removing the splinters because it can hurt you.
- 5th Step: Further, take the frame hook, attach it with the plywood on the wall using a hammer. You can also do the desired paint color on the plywood using wood paint.
- 6th Step: Trace five lines on the plywood and mark the measurement. Put one dowel on the center, two above the center, and two below it.
- 7th Step: Besides, put the glue on the marked measurements and place dowels horizontally. Wait for a few minutes until the glue gets dry.
Your DIY wall jewelry organizer is ready. In addition, you can put your necklaces, earrings, and other stuff on the dowels.
6. DIY Picture Ledge
Unlike picture frames, you do not need to create a lot of holes to make a picture ledge, which is why most people like this project.
Apart from pictures, you can also keep figurines, records, and souvenirs on the picture ledge.
To make a DIY picture ledge, you will require the following materials.
Though wood stain is optional, it can help you make your picture ledge look stunning. As per your choice, you can choose any wood stain. Moreover, if you buy a wood stain, ensure to purchase a paintbrush as well, which will allow you to apply the wood stain.
The Process to Make DIY Picture Ledge
The below steps will help you make a DIY picture ledge.
- 1st Step: Take the wood and cut it into three pieces. The pieces will determine the ledge length. So, plan the ledge length before cutting the wood. You can keep the ledge front of 1 x 2 inches, the ledge bottom of 1 x 3 inches, and the ledge back of 1 x 2 1/2 inches.
- 2nd Step: After cutting the wood, use the sandpaper to remove the rough edges. These rough edges can hurt on touching, so you should eliminate them.
- 3rd Step: Further, if you want, you can apply any color stain on the wood. Apply a double coat of stain and let it dry for around 20 minutes or more.
- 4th Step: Take the wood of 1 x 3 inches, apply glue on both sides, and attach the front and back ledge piece with it.
- 5th Step: Moreover, clamp all the pieces and let the glue dry for 24 hours.
- 6th Step: Take the ledges and drill them to the wall with screws. Make sure to tighten the screws and select the right place to fix the ledge before drilling.
- 7th Step: After that, you can put your favorite prints and frame on the ledge.
Your photo ledge is ready.
7. DIY Upside-Down Planter
This project does not require much space and effort.
Furthermore, you can plant tomatoes and other favorite vegetables in this planter.
Additionally, it will make your home look beautiful.
The materials you will need for the DIY upside-down planter are given below.
You can also use a juice carton instead of a bottle. Moreover, try to use a 2-liter bottle so that the plant can grow easily.
The Process to Make DIY Upside-Down Planter
Read the given steps if you want to make a DIY upside-down planter at your home.
- 1st Step: Take the bottle and cut it from the bottom using the knife.
- 2nd Step: Roll the garbage bag and insert it into the bottle. Spread the garbage bag in the bottle to cover the plant’s root.
- 3rd Step: Use duct tape to attach the garbage bag’s top edges with the bottle.
- 4th Step: Furthermore, take the paper towel and a plant. Use the paper towel to wrap the plant and insert it in the bottle. The paper towel will keep the soil in place.
- 5th Step: Additionally, add soil to the bottle and wrap twine with the bottle so that the soil does not get out of the bottom.
- 6th Step: Add cotton balls to the bottom, which will help you water the plant.
- 7th Step: Moreover, Hang the bottom using the twine at your desired location.
Your DIY upside-down planter is ready. Make sure to water it properly so that it grows well.
People love DIY projects because making items by yourself give a feeling of achievement. It is also fun to make items yourself. Besides, the best thing about DIY projects is that you can create the project as per your color and design choice.
Whether you want to create a DIY project for fun or decorate your home, these seven DIY projects will be ideal. Pick a few of these DIY projects and start creating.